Proposed memorandum of agreement ( Tokushima agreement )
Presidents of ARATA , AAATE , RESJA , RESNA
- Signed 26 August 2000.
In recognition of the potential benefits of collaboration with the membership organisations that
promote the field of rehabilitation and assistive technology, AAATE, ARATA,
RESJA and RESNA agree to pursue opportunities that will provide value to their
members as well as strengthen the international network.
The intent of this
agreement is to promote communication, and information exchange. The
organisations consider each other as being "sister organisations" in other
geographical areas, being not competing, respecting the different
characteristics by culture, political environment, membership, mission statement
and situation of people with disabilities in their geographical
The proposed activities are, but not limited to:
- Reciprocal Membership Benefits:
- Each organisation will provide one free membership for each sister
organisation including all benefits and privileges to a person / place
designated by the respective sister organisation.
- Each organisation will provide reciprocal membership privileges in
terms of conference registration fees and for certain publication activities.
- Annual Conference Benefits:
- Each organisation will provide free booth space at their conference.
- Extend an invitation to the conference to one official representative
of the organisation and offer free registration to the conference.
- Promote to host an international meeting within the conference.
- Advertise and promote each others conferences, including logos, dates
and locations in the newsletters, conference proceedings and web as
- Use of Logo:
- In principle each organisation may use each others logos to support
collaboration. Approval to specific activities may be granted on a case by
- Each organisation will promote mutual recognition of all
organisations, including linkages to all web pages as appropriate. A common
text might be used for that by all organisations put on a prominent place in
- Calendar of events:
- Each organisation will include announcements of events such as
meetings of international relevance in the newsletter and web.
- International journal:
- The organisations continue to consider to optimise the international
publication practice of articles for their members. They will consider the
needs of the different membership and existing Journals. The idea of a joint
international journal will be explored and discussed further
Back To Home
(C) Rehabilitation Engineering Society of JAPAN (Resja) , 2006